SeeClickFix Blog #2

• Describe how the 9th grade students are tracking the progress of the issue we reported using sticky notes and posters.  What do each posters mean? 

I think that the 9th graders are tracking the progress of the issue using sticky notes and posters b/c each poster means a different “step” of the issue being solved and the sticky notes show where certain issues are.

• What did you learn about the status of the issue you reported to SeeClickFix? Did it change (If so, how)?  Did your issue’s status stay the same? Explain your answer.

I learned that my status has changed, it went from “Open” to “Acknowledged”.

• Describe the response you got about the issue you reported.  What was the message you received? Who sent you that message?

I received a message from the “City of Oakland Call Center” saying my request ID # , to check/updated to see if my issue has been updated, & a # to contact them directly.

• Did any patterns emerge on the poster about which issues are resolved, and which are not?  Explain your answer.

I noticed that peoples issues going up a step for example; from  open to acknowledge & from acknowledge to closed.

• Is the SeeClickFix project an example of Violent or Non-Violent resistance to oppression?  Explain your answer.

It’s an example of Non-Violent b/c we are just helping make the community better and safer w/o hurting anyone or anything.

• Do you think SeeClickFix can help to solve problems in Oakland?  Explain why or why not.

Yes b/c it can help make Oakland a tiny bit more safer and cleaner.